Tender Opportunities with the Vindolanda Trust
INVITATION TO TENDER
Initial assessment of the Roman animal bone from the 2017 excavations, as part of the 2013-2017 SMC.
From the excavations in 2017, there is a total of 21,995 pieces of animal bone weighing 349,461g.
All pieces have been counted, weighed, recorded and bagged by context. Information about the 2017 excavations, contexts and any other information relevant will be supplied to complete the assessment and proposal.
The project will involve:
- Completing an initial assessment of the collection which will include a rough quantification
- Which part of the assemblage we need to concentrate on for a report
- What our objectives should be going forward
- How we can reach those objectives
- Costings for reaching those objectives
- Whether there is scope to look at:
Age of death patterns
- Sex (male/female ratios)
- Evidence for meat-based diet and non-dietary use
- Companion animals and equids
Full details -
Tender opportunity - 2017 Bones
Interested applicants must provide a tender and quotation to be received by the Vindolanda Trust no later than 12 noon 20/02/2018.
Notification to the successful applicant will be made by the 27/02/2018.
ABOVE TENDER NOW CLOSED